Mercurous Oxide Electrode (Hg/HgO electrode) consists of Hg/HgO in 1M KOH solution. The electrode is used in an alkaline environment.
HgO + H2O + 2e = Hg + 2OH–, E = 0.098V vs. NHE at 25-degree centigrade.
The solution can be replaced by taking off the side stopper.
- Electrode impedance: <10KΩ
- Potential at 25℃: 0.098V
- Flow rate at the interface: 1 drop/10min
- The solution filled in the salt bridge: 1M KOH aqueous
- Take off the rubber covering the Hg/HgO reference electrode interface before use.
- There shouldn’t be any air bubbles in the solution in the salt bridge, otherwise, the measuring circuit may be blocked. Please remove any air bubbles before first use. (shake the electrode)
- The solution level in the salt bridge should be higher than that of the sample solution.
- Store the electrode in an alkaline solution.
- Replace with a solution in the salt bridge regularly and clean the inside wall of the electrode.